Monday, November 7, 2011

Latest Update

Played final comp of the year. Got another .1 back so finished the year of 12.6. Not the best of years after last year.

Work continues for next year.

Screenshots below are my swing in June and my swing last week..


As you can see I'm getting my hands much higher, above my shoulders, and the club is much steeper on the back swing.

Glen want's me taking the club up on a much steeper angle so it almost points inside the ball on the way back and then outside on the way down. Apparently that will stop me coming over the top. But all it's doing right now is making me come in steep and chopping the ball.

So at the moment everything is starting right and going right most of the time. So more work to do there.

However my short game is shit hot right now. Put a wedge in my hands from anywhere within 100 yards and I'm sticking it into 1 putt range. It's the only thing that is keeping my scores reasonable.

Last two Sundays shot 83 and 82 respectively. That's with driving the ball all over the place and my way wood irons. I think both Sundays I only hit about 16% GIR !!! But still put a score together.

Drove the ball better this Sunday when I reverted to my older, flatter driver swing. Hit every fairway on the back 9!!

So I'm going to get this swing working with my irons first, then try and transition my driver.

My last lesson was about 3 weeks ago now and I think I probably need another week on the range with this change before I go for another. My backswing is now looking much better, but I can't seem to get the club on the right plane on the downswing. So I think the next lesson will need to look at the transition.


No comments:

Post a Comment