Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finally Happened

After fighting it for the past 3 months it finally happened.

Got that .1 back to take me to 12.5, playing off 13 now. Back where I started at the beginning of the year.

Scored a pitiful 27 points in the October Trophy a week back.

To be honest I'd decided not to play any more comps and start working on my swing for next year. I'd had a couple of lessons with Glen and made some changes, things felt OK, put in a good amount of practice in the week so I decided to play in the comp.

It was just shockingly bad.

Everything started right and carried on going right with a push slice. Good chipping and putting kept me in it for a bit but the inevitable happened and I just put too much pressure on my short game and started to miss a few putts.

So I'm now playing off 13.

There's another comp this weekend. Last one of the year and I'm going to play. Worst that can happen is I get another .1 back and am still playing off 13, best, I might put a round together and get myself cut back down to playing off 12.

Started the year playing off 13 (13.4) might finish the year off 13 as well. Bit depressing even though my exact is 0.9 lower.

I'll cover the recent changes in my next post so you can see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment