Sunday, October 9, 2011

100th Post

Couple of practice sessions this week just concentrating on keeping my legs quiet.

Help the Hero's Charity comp today at the club.

Team event. Shotgun start off the yellows. 4 players a team, best 2 stableford scores a hole score. But we only had 3 players which makes it a bit tough :-(

We put together a pretty good score of 80 considering we only had 3 players. I think the winning score was something like 91.

I played pretty good. I was the lowest hcp in the team off 12. The other two were off 24 and 28 and we dovetailed our score pretty well. I kept my score rolling along and when one of the other guys didn't score, the other did.

Individually I shot and 81 which is 2 under net, with two birdies on the drivable par 4 Th and the long par 3 Th. 17 was pleasing as it's a tough hole, even off the yellows. Still 175 yards !!!

Drove the ball OK. Had a few thinned iron shots, but in general they were ok. And again neat and tidy on and around the greens with no 3 putts.

So pretty pleased. Plenty of work still to do. But feel it's going in the right direction.

Bit of practice this week and I might play the comp next Saturday if I can get a pass from the girlfriend. If not then it's be a round with Dave on Sunday.




No comments:

Post a Comment