Monday, October 3, 2011

Bit of Practice and a Round

Hadn't had much time to practice the new change to keep my feet planted on the floor this week. Managed to get up the range Friday afternoon for 45 mins and hit 50 balls, just focussing on keeping my feet firmly planted to the floor in my back swing and maintaining my knee angle.

It still feels a bit odd as it restricts my backswing and feels like I get no turn, but I know there is more turn there than I can feel.

Started just hitting a few wedges then started to jump around the clubs to see how the change feels.

My shot shape seems to have changed, my bad ones are all going left now. I'm either drawing it, or the bad on is a pull.

Played Sunday and hit 25 on the range beforehand to warm up. All of a sudden my old shot shape is back, fade, or slice. But I'm still keeping my feet down. Odd.

During the round the only swing though I had was keeping my legs in control. tbh, I didn't strike the ball that well. Sliced a lot of drives and irons.

Thank got my scrambling and short game was spot on.

Had a pretty good front 9 up until the 8th. Was only 1 over gross. Hit straight drive right up the middle. 8i into the green and pulled it slightly, hit the side of the bank next to the green and shot sideways like a bullet into some knee high rough. Searched but couldn't find it. Took stroke and distance and ended up with a 7 (triple Bogey). Bogeyed the last and ended up 5 over gross 40, 1 under nett.

Back 9 was a horror show. With a 10 and an 8 on my card I came back in 50 for a 90. Just a combination of 2-3 bad shots that I got heavily punished for and my short game wasn't quite as sharp.

tbh, after the score started to leak away I don't think I concentrated as much around the greens and that probably cost me 3-4 shots.

I managed to just focus on the change during the round and not let other swing thoughts come in. I suppose it's not a bad round with a new change after probably hitting less that 100 balls with it.

I'll probably try and get a couple more range sessions in this week to try and bed it in, then go back and see Glen maybe next week to work out what to work on next.

No comments:

Post a Comment