Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Coach

Made the change covered in a previous post.

Bumped into Glen up the range on Monday and had a good chat with him about what was going on and what we could do and got a good feeling that we could work together.

It's a shame as I liked working with Bryan, but it's just to much of a problem getting to see him given the distance and diaries.

I had my first lesson with Glen today with him and went really well.

Went though a bit of my golfing background and what I was looking to do. Then done the usual video swing anaylsis. Usual stuff for a first lesson.

He confirmed my setup was pretty good. Good grip, posture, ball postion  etc.

He then started to look at the swing and spotted something he had never seen before in 20 years of coaching.

What I'm doing is as soon as I take the club away both my heals come off the floor and I'm on my toes, this continues and my right leg straightens, which allows my hips to turn to far back and also allows me to rotate my upper body too far. In my backswing I develop a huge turn, but no real resistance between my upper and lower body.

We worked on keeping my feet planted and keeping flex in my right leg. Now when I take the club away I can really feel the resistance beetween my upper and lower body. It feels like I get no turn at all, but I am getting a full 90 degrees.

After a few swings, although it felt odd, Glen got me just shiifting my weight right in my backswing slightly, so I was turned behind the ball as well.

From a shot point of view everything was pretty much down the middle with a touch of draw. Ball flight was a bit lower than usuall as well. Very Nice.

I'm going to just practice this and nothing else until I've got this embedded before I change anything else. hopefully a couple of weeks will do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment