Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Lesson Yesterday

Second lesson with Brian yesterday.

Slight correction in the grip needed, was a little to strong now, but easily sorted. And slightly less forward lean on the shaft.

We spent more time on getting the arms and hands out the swing as well as driving the right shoulder through on the down swing, this gets me in a much better impact position. My weight, and body, is much further forward now, hands aren't getting ahead of the body either.

I found to start I was trying to guide my right shoulder shoulder through, which didn't really get me forward, I found if I really drove the shoulder through it really got me forward and a more powerful hit as well.

The swing also feels a lot more natural now, before it felt like I was having to manipulate my hands, arms, body to get into the right positions. It now feels with the grip change, and taking my hands and arms out my swing, it just seems to flow.

Brian has actually told me to practice less. He said maybe hit 50 balls today, 50 tomorrow and none on Thursday. He just wants me getting the feeling of the swing, that's all.

And repeat the swing with a range of clubs, from wedges all the way to driver and keep swapping so I don't get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment