Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Starting with a New Coach

I've decided to give a new coach a try. I've worked with my current pro for about 2 years now and he's done a great job in that time getting me from 24 down to 13.

I've been working hard for 4 months now with him over the winter, but it's just not happening. There are signs of improvement, when I say improvement I don't mean improvement beyond my 13 hcp, I'm probably playing to a 20 hcp at the moment !!!

That's the problem. I really should be at least back shooting around my handicap by now, and I'm not.

So after a lot of soul searching I've decided to try another coach. I've thought about it quite a bit for the last month and have decided enough is enough.

I don't know if it's him or me, probably me but I can't change me, but I can change him.

I feel quite guilty after all he's got me down to 13 and I do really get on with him.

The guy I'm going to is a bit further away down in Welwyn. Brian Lewis, my m8 Dave see's him and I've heard good things about him from other people.

His son Tom is apparently one of the UK's top raked amateurs and is near turning pro.

Not long until the start of the season (4-6 weeks), so I needed to make the decision now really if I stand any chance of implementing any changes in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment